Who are we
We are a medium size, military family friendly boy troop with more than 20 scouts, 6 adult leaders, and a full committee in Burke, VA. Most of our leaders and families are active or former military and federal government service. We have a great group of active Scouts and parents recognized by Patriot District annual awards:
- 2022 Committee Chair of the Year || Assistant Scoutmaster of the Year || Senior Patrol Leader of the Year || Den Chief of the Year
- 2021 Scoutmaster of the Year || Assistant Scoutmaster of the Year || Senior Patrol Leader of the Year || Den Chief of the Year
- 2020 (Inaugural) Assistant Scoutmaster of the Year
* Titles of awards changed in 2022 from “Outstanding xxx” to “xxx of the Year”
We draw from our experiences as leaders serving our nation to help instill these same values in our boys here in beautiful Northern Virginia.
We continue to operate a successful program despite the challenging COVID-19 environment. We have safely maintained a schedule of weekly meetings and monthly camping activities without pause, even during the challenging 2020 COVID-19 year.
Annually we participate in High Adventure expeditions, incorporating a year-long preparation training focus into our program, while also participating in annual summer camps. Most recently, three crews successfully completed Sea Base High Adventure remote island programs April and July 2022 in the Florida Keys.
Our growth focused approach enables and empowers “Scout led” decisions. This approach delivers with 10% Eagle Scouts advancement every year (3 Scouts a year, expecting 5 in 2023), backed up by five Eagle Scout adults coaching and supporting our Scouts seeking the Eagle Scout rank.
Please see more about our Mission and Philosophy, “Great Things to Know About Us” slideshow, outreach flyer, and our most recent Scoutmaster’s message on program update and goals at the links below:
- Mission and Philosophy: link
- About Us Slideshow: link – 8/28/2022
- About Us Photos: link – 2022
- Visit Us Flyer: link – 8/28/2022
- Annual Calendar and Goals: link – V9 3/11/2023
- Scoutmaster’s Message: link – 8/28/2022
- Troop Handbook: link – 12-06-2022
- Public Website: https://www.troop1344.org/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BSATroop1344
- E-MAIL ACCESS PROTECTION: Only e-mail addresses of registered members of Troop 1344 will be able to use Troop 1344 e-mail group addresses (in other words, outsiders CANNOT spam you)
- ADULT / SCOUT COMMUNICATIONS: In compliance with BSA requirements, TWO ADULTS must be on every email communication with a Scout.